BLOG #2

Blog #2 The Switch

The Nintendo Switch.. easily one of the best gaming consoles I’ve owned. The Switch was released in 2017 and has only grown since then. In their first month the switch sold 2.74 million copies, which made it the fastest-sold Nintendo console ever. I definitely bought one.. or, well my parents bought it for me. I grew up on the Nintendo Wii, so when I heard about the switch, I had to get it. I kind of, needed it. I play the switch kind of often when I’m with my family or when I’m with my friends. It’s something that brings us together even if it’s just for a little while. We grew up and the Mario Bros and Mario Kart so of course those were the first games I bought. I love playing the Nintendo Switch, even though I’m not big on gaming or anything like that, and I don’t even consider Nintendo products to be “serious gaming”. I think of the products as a way to just relax and have fun. Although there’s very little fun being had when my family and I are playing, we get very competitive. The Nintendo products give me a sense of home I guess, since I grew up on them, so the switch did that for me also. I also loved when we got the switch because it got my little brother to love Nintendo as much as my other siblings and I did when we were growing up. I know a lot of my friends have Nintendo Switches as well, and even if we all use them for different ways of gaming, we all still bought one and gave our money to Nintendo.  I feel like it was also well deserved for Nintendo to make so much off their product, it was a very good gaming console. I would recommend the Nintendo Switch to anyone who hasn’t also bought one.

 

Golding, D., (2017). OUT OF THE BOX: THE NINTENDO SWITCH, Metro, Issue 193, pg 126.

Comments

  1. Your passion for the Nintendo Switch is evident in your blog #2. Very scripted on why you use it and who uses it, but not very clear on how it works and if it is only used for gaming or other features it may have for the user. Just trying to help out for your next blog per the instructions given. Keep writing your ideas. Very descriptive. Robert Quiroz Jr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this post was a sign that I need the switch! I have a Wii and its SO old! But since this pandemic has happened and I can't go out as much, my sister, boyfriend, and I are always playing the Wii (mostly Wii Sports) I forgot how much fun it is to play and how competitive I can be! I've been wanting a Switch for a while I just always forget to buy one! I think that is what I will buy next paycheck, great blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good afternoon, I enjoyed reading through your blog post. I admire how much you really enjoy nintendo products, including your love for the new nintendo switch. I personally used to play my nintendo D.S a lot when I was younger, until I moved houses and I have no idea where it is now. I wish these devices weren’t so pricey so I could purchase the new switch because it looks fun but I do not think I would play often enough to spend $300 on a new one. I’m happy you enjoy your switch though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post. Just reading it has me feeling very nostalgic. I remember playing the Nintendo Wii for years and years with my family. It really had a way of using gaming to bring together family and competitiveness all in one. I miss the Wii!! I haven't played the switch, but I'm sure it's great. I see lots of young adults spending HOURS on it. Maybe one day. Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    I really enjoyed reading your blog post! I have a Nintendo Switch myself and honestly I hadn't thought about it until you pointed it out that Nintendo consoles aren't really considered to be 'serious gaming', and that's true! I don't see people spend countless hours on their switch competing with others like they do on Xbox or PS4. The Switch really is one of those consoles I see people have family fun with. The only Switch game I would consider to be 'competitive' is Smash Bros. I looove playing Animal Crossing on the Switch, it's such a fun and relaxing game to play.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment